The Story: When Cliff Williams(AC/DC) received his first Teye-bass, a superb Master series “La Mora”, his immediate reaction was to order two more basses for him to be used on the road. Cliff had a few very specific guidelines on how he wanted those basses to be. Cliff and Teye then started an exciting conversation on how to incorporate those ideas into the general design. The resulting bass is a great very user-friendly instrument and is now being offered as our new Super Coyote® bass.
First: the four string. Then, when time permits, a five string version.
(these two basses shown with optional Dragon engraved rear plate)
- Body wood: select Mahogany, with Maple cap and fore-arm contour
- Neck wood: select Maple
- Fingerboard: bound Ebony with the Teye-inlay
- Scale length: 32”
- Nut width: 1.65” on the 4-string; tba on the 5-string)
- Aluminum plates: Acid etched, Teye’s A-series styled artwork
- Bridge: proprietary Teye SuperSustain-bridge
- Tailpiece: proprietary Teye SuperSustain-tailpiece
- Tuners: lightweight Hipshot
- Pick-ups: 2x Custom-wound Carey Nordstrand
- Electronics: 2x Volume; Master Tone; Master MOJO™
- Control knobs: proprietary Teye knobs and switch tip
- Finish: Teye’s hand-rubbed Luthier’s oil finish with Shipwreck®